t h a n k f u l

28 November 2013

Of all the American holidays that we don't celebrate in the UK, Thanksgiving has to be my favourite. Not only is it full of delicious food that my waistline regrets (but the rest of me is alright with), but it's one day in the year DESIGNED for feeling and expressing gratitude.

On this, my last official Thanksgiving in the USA, I am so grateful for the two and a half years that I have spent in this country. Lessons have been learned that I wouldn't trade for anything, and most of the things that I have learned have been about myself. As much as I will miss this life that I have built here in the States, I am excited for all that the future holds whether in London or wherever I end up.

So today I am thankful for everything. Literally everything.

Happy times.
Stressful times.
Crying times.
Fun times.
The times of absolute boredom.
The times with people who have changed my life forever.
Apple pie and vanilla ice cream.
Good shoes.
Apple juice.
My family.
The unknown.
The future.


No comments :

Post a Comment