Graduation: lasts.

26 December 2013

So towards the end of my time in Rexburg, I realized that I actually had to be real about it, and accept the fact that some goodbyes were in order. 
I couldn't quite figure out why it was so hard for me to say goodbye to Rexburg and the people and things that I would leave behind. When leaving London to move Stateside, it was not that difficult! Maybe somewhere deep down I knew that leaving London was a temporary situation, and that I would end up back there- but there was something absolute about my farewell to Rexburg.

Lots of things come into your life for a reason, and the events leading to me moving to America and living there for the amount of time that I did, were definitely planned. I have absolutely no doubt that everything that happened and all the experiences I had, were meant to be.

I wrote thank you cards to all 38 professors that I had over the course of my time at BYU-I. It was awesome to be able to think about each of those men and women and all that they had done for me over the years.

But as I finished my finals, I really had to take the time to say goodbye to a few things:


The David O McKay Library.
I got a job here just before my second semester started, and after being under the direction of Robyn Holderman (besides my mother[s] one of the greatest women to walk the earth), I can say with my whole heart that I will NEVER have an employer who cares more about her employees and the welfare of their souls, than this woman. I was a wreck. Literally crying my eyes out when I said goodbye to her, because of all that she has taught me over the past few years. What an inspiration, and a woman I will never forget.



My co-workers put together this book for me. AS IF I needed more of a reason to cry.


The Taco Bus Restaurant.
Ok, say what you will, but noone does Mexican food like this place. Affordable and freaking good. From the first bite of your delectable Macho Burrito to the last, you are guaranteed to "enyoy" it. 





Sammy's.
Many a Friday night of my freshman year were spent here. Trying to find cute boys. Listening to the hipsteriest music there ever was, and just feeling like we'd MADE it as real life college students ya know? Their pie shakes were good, and we went there for one last shake as well as to leave our mark. Literally.


The hashtagleanda is killing me. I love my friends.



My Friends.
Obviously the hardest of the goodbyes, but I was able to spend some quality time with the people that have truly changed my life, that I will LITERALLY be friends with forever.

 We had a swanky dinner Chez Pickering, and it was so good to be with all of these awesome people.

The only reason I will EVER be in Montana is because of these people. Living with Kirby and Candace was one of the best semesters of my life, and I CANNOT wait to virtually meet Baby Wells. What amazing friends.




No comments :

Post a Comment