Four Really Easy Steps to becoming a N.E.R.D.

12 March 2013

It took almost 21 years, but I have finally come to the conclusion that I am a complete nerd. And that's just fine.

As much as I love fashion and a good Bachelor finale, I LOVE SCIENCE!

I've been a Pre-Med student since the age of 4. Literally. As much as I've tried to act cool, and talk about how much I dread studying, or can't stand the library. It's all lies. I LOVE THE LIBRARY. Why else would I spend so much studying there, then proceed to get a job there. I have even found myself laughing hysterically to science jokes that my professors tell. The kind that you hear and feel sorry for the professor because no-one is laughing except the weirdo sitting on the front row. 

World, meet Weirdo on the Front Row.

As you know, I'm hoping to become a paediatrician, but I've recently taken a shining to Neuroscience. Yes, the Queen Elizabeth of all nerdy science emphases. That fact was really proven today, as I willingly took the time to tell people all about the brain and how AWESOME it is. 

But if you'd like to join me in this realm I call NERDOM, here's how.


Step 1: Join the University's Neuroscience Academic Society, and pose with a human brain in a jar during Brain Awareness Week.






Step 2: Pose again, this time with gusto






Step 3: Buy a brain candy mould and fill it with chocolate.






Step 4: Proceed to made brain shaped candy to hand out to classmates during your presentation on interactionism and the Mind-Body Problem.





Welp. That'll do for now. But more N.E.R.D. tutorials to follow, including How To Scare Away Potential Friends With Shameless Dad Dancing.

p.s. not so nerdy... but I do love a good peplum. 

No comments :

Post a Comment