GC Weekend

08 April 2013

"GC" is what I call General Conference when I'm feeling particularly lazy. Which is now. At the start of finals week. Classic me.

General Conference is a series of meetings held by my church wherein we get to here from the leaders of our church. It's a wonderful time filled with spirituality and a reassurance of principles that we have been taught throughout our lives. I love General Conference, because it always gives me the chance to reassess my life and my priorities. It allows me to remember what matters most, and usually keeps me rejuvenated until the next session in October!

This year, I headed down to Salt Lake with Krysta, Paul, David and Bryce and we spent the weekends with the Klumpps. We had a great time, watching Janae's performance in the musical "Curtains", being reunited with old friends and eating some great food. We were so busy, that we didn't catch all of the conference sessions and talks, however thanks to the amazing technological powers that be, we can watch them online!

I came away from conference feeling happy, but also feeling very stressed. As I mentioned earlier, and as it's all I ever talk about- it's finals week. That awful week that has come around every three months for the past two years. 

I'm sick (as per my usual finals week tradition) and I would like to apologize to anyone who has been within 10 metres of me all day, because I have been sneezing and sniffling to my bunged up nose's content. I sat in the library today for about 7 hours, and slowly noticed that the cubicles around me began to become vacant. 
I don't blame you. 


However, after watching some talks from General Conference that I had missed, this seemed especially applicable for my week:

"I would say to all who wish for more faith, remember this man (Mark 9:14-24). In moments of fear or doubt or troubling times, hold the ground you have already won, even if that ground is limited" 


If there is anything I have learned in my life, it's that I have never been left alone in times of need. Never. In that sense, that is the ground that I have already won. That is what I already know. And I can use that to be assured that I will never be alone again. 

I can totally do this. 

Right? 

Right.


Janae and I spent some time between the sessions walking around Temple Square, and I always love the atmosphere!







^^ We met some of the beautiful ladies from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir  #starstruck


Stay strong friends. 
I'll try to as well!!

yes, my hair is def totes cray. it's just easier to deal with that way.
yes, I just said def totes cray

No comments :

Post a Comment