Renaissance

14 March 2014

FACT: Renaissance is my favorite word in the English language.

Yes, it's a French word, but we use it, so I'm calling it an English word.

Anyway, it literally means rebirth. It signifies the period of time wherein art and culture came alive and accessible to the everyday person. They were able to truly educate their minds and learn about what this world has to offer them.

I feel as though I am going through a renaissance of sorts in my life right now. One HUGE chapter of my life just ended and another HUGE chapter is about to begin. So I'm in a strange intermission period right now, where I have a lot of time to concentrate on the person that I am trying to become, but I also have a lot of time to explore and appreciate the world around me. 

Where better to do this than in the grand old city of London. In my most recent article in the To and Fro Magazine, I talked about ways that we can give our lives a "spring clean". Well my personal spring clean is in conjunction with this current renaissance period of mine.

In following my own advice...

I got myself an organizer


Seriously such an incredible investment! I never forget anything anymore (don't hold me to that) but I cannot stress how nice it is for my soul, to have my brain so organized. This little gem was from Paperchase (half price thank you very much) and I added the black ribbon to act as a tie because it's adorable, and I felt like the organizer needed a little more me. Ya know?

Flowers




I think I have spent the past 21 years totally underestimating how much I really love having real flowers around. They really brighten up the home and I just feel better when they are in my life! My favorite flowers have always been lilies, but roses and café au lait dahlias starting to creep in as my favorites now!
I love them and genuinely feel happier when there are around. Who doesn't?
 Umm p.s. I haven't purchased either of those flowers (roses+dahlias) because
I'm not on that kind of budget right now. But I love them nonetheless.

Learning new stuff




So I took myself to the British Museum the other day. Loved running around just learning information about this world and all of the people that have shaped it in so many different ways. As much as I am a science girl, I love learning about art and music and different cultures that mean so much to so many people. 

I am loving this time that I have to try and better myself in as many ways as possible, and I cannot wait to move on and take what I've learned into the next chapter. 

But for now, intermission is lush. 
Seriously loving it. 

And don't worry, I'm not just running around buying flowers, going to museums and writing about it in my organizer. There are lots of other exciting life changing opportunities that I'm embarking on at the moment, and I cannot wait to share some of those with you!!

No comments :

Post a Comment