Happy Anniversary.

08 March 2014

Can you believe that I have been blogging semi-consistently for a whole YEAR?!
How very different this is from my last Anniversary post ha!!

I can't. I know it seems weird to make an anniversary post about blogging, but it really is quite significant for me. I have a tough time sticking to things like this, especially when more important things are going on around me, but I am so grateful for this little corner of the internet that I get to call my own, to fill with memories and thoughts.

At first I thought it was a bit silly to post the innermost details of your life for all to see and I thought that was all a blog really entailed, but I have come to know of the great relief that blogging can bring. What started off as me following a trend with a desperation to get "blog famous" has become something that I can truly call my own, and genuinely not care if anyone reads it or not!
I think in a way, this is a representation of the way I am as a person as well. I've begun to see the importance of doing things for myself, and not necessarily for other people.

So here I am blogging.

Firstly, I have a place where I can document important events and fun times in my life... accompanied with pictures! It's not so easy doing that in a regular journal!

Secondly and most importantly, I love writing. I really do. And this gives me the opportunity to do so very easily. Unbeknown to most, as a tween, I used to write creative stories ALL the time (literally could I BE any nerdier?). I loved reading and creating, and this blog gives me the satisfaction of doing some writing the way I used to, in a setting that is easy and fun. 

Thirdly, its AWESOME to meet other people that do the same thing and share in their life experiences. For example, there is a blog called The Doctors Fleming about a young woman who is a doctor, and her husband who is also a doctor, and some of the fun happenings (and major trials) in their life. I was directed to this blog by another blogger, and for a person who has struggled with knowing exactly how my family life and work life are going to balance out, this blog has been such a help, just to know that there ARE women out there who have figured it out. I'm not the first and I won't be the last!!!

So it may seem silly. And Mormon. But it's great and I love it.

So here's to more years and adventures to be shared on The Brit Journals.

No comments :

Post a Comment