things I have learned

28 March 2014

The past three months (whhaaattt??) have brought a lot of learning for me as I have mentioned a few times, but most of this learning has been about myself. The number one thing I have learned is the fact that I need to be busy.
"DUH Leanda" you've known that forever. True, I have always been drawn to making myself incessantly busy. However, I didn't really realize this until I had absolutely nothing to do.

"But Leanda, you've just spent three years doing a fairly intense degree, surely all you want to do is relax?". Uhh yes. Exactly. The first month of being home was focused on me figuring out a lot of things and preparing for my medical school interview. After that, I was totally free!! So I spent some time exploring this amazing city and doing mama-like things with Lloyd and Rosie.

But then...

1. I caught up on the rest of Downton Abbey. Something like 30 1-hour episodes? All in like 2 weeks.

2. I watched Friends every time it came on Comedy Central. And Comedy Central+1 because I never get sick of it. So much so that I took a quiz about how much I know about Friends. I knew a lot.



3. I realized that I had never really got into New Girl. So I watched a random episode. Then I went to the Pilot and watched three seasons. Then I took this quiz.



4. Then I took another quiz


5. Yep, then I realized that me and Beyonce would be best friends.


6. And me and Emma




7. And that Will Smith would be my Celeb Boyfriend.



It was as I actually thought about how much fun Will and I would have, that I realized that I needed to step away from the laptop and get a life. Seriously. Seriously.

This week was my first full week of work, and I cannot tell you how good it feels to no longer be idle. Because evidently that kind of life is really not good for me. As I look through my planner the days are filling rapidly with productive things that I am spending my time on. 
So here's to productivity. 
And the end of buzzfeed/Zimbio quizzes. 

Which are really accurate btw.





2 comments :

  1. Leanda! I miss you! You are too stinking cute, and you make me laugh! Also don't worry I am guilty of wasting time on those quizzes too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staci! Oh my goodness I miss you too!! So much! how is life going? I love catching up on your blog and seeing what you're up to, but I miss you in person! love you lots and hope you're well :)

      Delete