Sono Andato a Italia

23 June 2014

If you know much about me, there’s a chance you’ll know that I have a HUGE love for travel and cultures all over the world. On the top of my list of places to visit was the beautiful country of Italy. As a gift for my birthday, Arinola made that dream come true!

On the 20th of June, we flew out from London Stansted Airport and arrived in Pisa.

Yes.

As in the Leaning Tower.

And that was only the beginning of the amazing things we saw!!

First of all this had to be one of the prettiest airports I have ever seen in my life! Complete with a live jazz band to serenade you as you wait around for big fancy tour buses.









We did one of the classic open top tour buses like the proper tourists that we were, and it was so good to see such a great view of the city, as well as a direct ride to the main attractions!




Directly opposite the Leaning tower, stood a GORGEOUS orange building that epitomized the Mediterranean feel that I love so much! So, as many people were trying out their best classic tower pictures, we did in impromptu shoot by this really nice door. 






We then took a coach that took us to the main destination- FLORENCE!! 

It's like in While You Were Sleeping, when all Sandra Bullock's character wants is a stamp in her passport that says Florence. THAT WAS ME!! It was literally such a dream come true! So our first stop was to get some gelati from a nice dreadlocked Italian man, then we headed off for some dinner and a teeny bit of exploration. 







Thus ended our first day!!! Oh my goodness I'm still buzzing just thinking about how great it all was and how blessed I am to have such a wonderful friend!

DISCLAIMER: The title of this blog post is from Google Translate. So... apologies if it actually says something obscene.

No comments :

Post a Comment