Honestly.

20 March 2013

I just had to take a second on here to really emphasize something that I really strongly believe in. I had honestly never thought about having a blog, before I moved here to the States, because it's just not really what people do back home! It's definitely becoming more of a trend nowadays, and I think that it's great to have a way to read funny real-life stories, look up cute outfit ideas and great recipes to try (and fail) and try again. 

I never really knew what I wanted to share with this blog, and so far, it's a fun way for me to share thoughts and feelings (that I think are funny) and just to record my adventures in a fun way. Over the past few days, I've really been thinking about the Internet, and how it's definitely a blessing in our lives (seriously how many times can Google save the day?), and it's a wonderful way to stay connected with those that we are apart from, but when used in the wrong way, the Internet can be dangerous, and especially with things like blogs and Facebook, it can become a bit of an identity thief!

What do I mean?

Well, I feel as though the blog culture can create an image of perfection in the eyes of a lot of people. I literally say it ALL THE TIME! "Oh my gosh, she's perfect"... "her life is literally perfect", and deep down, I'm not naive and I know that no-one has a perfect life, but the words just come out! (and no doubt they will again really soon). 

While we aim to show off the best version of ourselves, I just don't want anyone to lose themselves in this realm where you can literally be ANYONE you want to be!

Take me for example. How do you even know that I'm British?
Obviously I am. Because you probably know me, but my point is, that it would be really easy to fabricate a great story just for the fun of it... because it would be a better read for other people.

I'll hop off my little soap box now, but I just wanted to say that in deciding to make this blog, I'm going to be as honest about the things that I write, as I can be. I really want this blog to be a real representation of who I am and what I stand for.

And tonight?

I stand for High School Musical.

If you live anywhere within the 10 mile radius of my apartment, you heard Krysta and I literally acting out the entire production. Literally.

Yes, I'm twenty going on twenty-one.

No, I am not ashamed.



No comments :

Post a Comment