Happy.

14 February 2014

Ok well, without even the slightest hint of an exaggeration, today was quite literally the greatest day of my life. 
Today is Valentines Day and despite the fact that I celebrated it by spending most of the day caring for a shaky 6 year old and watching Disney Jr, I felt love more immensely than I ever thought possible. 


It's not everyday that you literally read nine words that mean that all of your hopes and dreams have come true. But today was that day for me.

I have spent 18 years of my life knowing- KNOWING- exactly what I wanted. I have always wanted to be the best person I could be, have a family, and pursue a career in medicine. Those three things. In that order. Throughout life there are things that introduce doubt, fear and feelings of inadequacy and these feelings can stop you from achieving the things in life that you want the most- but with a lot of support from some of the best people, and unwavering faith in the Lord, you can literally do anything. Even the three little things on your life list that you wrote when you were four.

My entire life is proof of that. 

Today is the day that I saw that proof on a screen- in those nine words.

Item number three on the list seems to be in motion, friends! I don't mean to be all weird and cryptic, but I feel that if I just blurt stuff out, it won't happen. 


It all started right here.

And I'm excited for all the adventures that await me in the lovely Northern city of Leeds.

Today I'm happy.

No comments :

Post a Comment